NATURE OF ACTIVITIES / THEMATIC AREAS :
- Peace Building: This is part of protection department deals with the issues of conflict management, mediation, reconciliation and forgiveness. We promote democratic principles, access to justice and create human rights awareness and empower communities with capacities on conflict management, mediation, reconciliation and good governance
- Food security and Livelihood: This thematic area promotes sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth geared towards productive employment and decent work. Enhance resiliency and livelihoods security through increased household income and community-based disaster risk deduction and conflict mitigation
- WASH: AADO’s WASH Programme is predominantly community-based, the backbone of which is its community water, sanitation and hygiene activities. This department deals with interventions aimed at saving lives and reducing illness through access to safe water, adequate sanitation and improved hygiene through construction of boreholes, and rehabilitation dilapidated ones, building and renovating latrines and provision of WASH NFIs, and sensitization on hygiene issues.
- Health Components: The health Programme works closely with health ministry given that epidemics are common in South Sudan and require both prevention and response when they occur. AADO has embarked on more facility-based interventions with the support of partners, given that access to formal health services is extremely limited in South Sudan. These interventions have primarily focused on maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH) given the extremely poor progress against Millennium Development.
- Child Protection: This department employs holistic frame work to create an environment that promotes full respect for rights of individuals with special consideration for vulnerable groups of people like children and women. It responds to the protection needs of women and children who have experienced violence and abuse. Key areas are; child protection against abuses and exploitation, Gender-Based Violence and psychosocial care services.
- Gender Based Violence: The project will address the gendered impact of violence, weak governance, lack of accountability and protection, lack of women’s access to multi sectoral GBV services including justice and the consequence thereof on women’s access to participation in peace building processes. This project will strengthen women’s agency and participation in local peace initiatives, including GBV prevention efforts, justice solutions, social cohesion and stability efforts. It is designed to address the social and structural barriers that prevent women’s participation both in the formal and informal peace process and in bottom up peacebuilding processes through fostering social cohesion between communities
- Education: This depart provide technical vocational education training and supports girl-child education, and trains education service providers. Promote girl-child education, empowering adolescent girl’s school dropout with Life Skills, capacity building for primary school teachers and supporting adult literacy.
Throughout this journey of 2 years, we had the great opportunity to work in cooperation with government as well as various partners along with cooperates such as Prime Projects and IsraAid, Dan church Aid, European Union, Danida and UNESCO with whom we are grateful for their immense support and for Funding our programs and still looking forward for more funding opportunities from the partners willing to fund our noble programs.